Friday, September 30, 2016

Whose Line is it Anyway?

I was recently binge watching the show 'Glee' on Netflix, and catch the episode where they pay tribute to a cast member that died during their 5th season. As two actors discussed their great loss, the student points out to the teacher that this line between the two dates on the plaque represents his whole life. It was the words that the teacher said in response that lingered with me.

She said, "What are you going to do with your line"?

It got me thinking about what am I doing with my line?

I have many titles in this line; daughter, sister, aunt, wife, friend, boss, donor, author, advocate and volunteer. However, I think that mom is my most important title.  My son has truly blessed me with so much; motherhood of a special child...
Has introduced me to new was of thinking
Has taken me to my deepest sorrow
Has brought me my greatest joy
Has taught me patience
Has given me the opportunity to support others
Has shown me I can do things I never thought possible
Has made me find gratitude in the simplest things
Has made me a teacher
Has taught me how to cook new foods
Has created a writer, presenter and advocate
Has taught me so much about how one human can love another

I'm proud of my line, and I have my son to thank for that.

I will finish this blog with the actor’s final words of the episode "Have a good line"

No comments:

Post a Comment